I wanted to write a post about a data visualization website I recently became aware of, visualizing.org. I became aware of the site as a competition my team was entering required entrants to post their visualizations on the site. Visualizing.org allows you to share your own data visualizations for free, get data, and explore other submissions.
I recently posted a diabetes partner finding tool that my team created with Google Fusion Tables. The table was part of an entry for a health competition that wasn't chosen. Since I thought that others may be interested in using the tool, I decided to post the table up three days ago. Since then, the project page has already received almost 150 views. I would definitely recommend the site for those looking to increase awareness of visualization resources they've created.
With that being said, I did run across one problem while entering the project description- the spacing I had entered using the rich text editor had vanished and all of the paragraphs looked like one VERY long block of sentences. Thinking I could fix this by coding it myself, I found that even editing the coding did not help things! I tried several times to fix the problem and finally came up with another solution. I created a paragraph that gave a brief description of the project and published a longer description to the Web using Google Docs. I then included the doc link within the brief description for those who would be interested in learning more.